Berlin is a bioeconomy pioneer and also Germany’s startup capital with a successful infrastructure for funding and financing. Long before European "Bioeconomy 2030 National Research Strategy " was announced, Berlin allocated €2.4 billion to fund bioeconomy R&D. This laid the foundations for a change both in society and in the industrial sector based on the use of biological resources.
The program includes:
- meetings with the high-level representatives of German ministries
- representatives of other public organizations related to bioeconomy, open innovation, etc.
- meetings with potential local customers
- investors and representatives of industrial VC funds.
W2E & Bioenergy growth program companies will travel to South Africa in February. The preliminary program is here:
Monday to Wednesday in Johannesburg/Pretoria
- Bionergy and Waste to energy workshop with Department of Energy South Africa, Eskom and Sanedi
- Water and Waste water to energy workshop with Tswhane (Pretoria ) Water and sanitation / Provincial government
- B2B meetings
- Project finance meetings (IDC, DBSA, EIB)
- Afternoon seminar
Thursday to Friday in Cape Town
- Waste to energy workshop with Western Cape Government and Green Cape
- Water and Waste water (to energy) workshop with CapeTown Water / Governmental government
- Business to business meetings
- Project finance meetings (Private funding)
- Networking event
Innovative Bioproducts Finland presents world-class biobased solutions in the Bio Based Live Europe. Visit our booth to familiarize with Finnish know-how in fiber-based products, organic formulations for healthcare and circular economy.
Together with Denmark, Norway and Sweden, Finland will organize Nordic Energy Days event in Pretoria in September. The more detailed program will be published soon.The purpose of the event is to indentify and open the renewable energy market opportunities of South Africa for the Nordic companies. Finland and Finpro have an important role in the organization of the event, and this is an excellent opportunity for the Finnish W2E companies to discover what South Africa has to offer for them. The Growth Program will organize B2B meetings for the companies which sign up for the delegation.
Mexico is the 12th largest economy of the world.Travel to Mexico with Mr. Markku Keinänen, Under-Secretary of State for External Economic Relations, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and discover the business opportunities Mexico has to offer.
Mexico is one of the main foreign direct investment (FDI) destinations in the Americas and Mexico forms part of OECD, G20 (group of 20 major economies) and G5 (5 largest emerging economies).
Compared to other emerging economies, Mexico is amongst the most open and well-functioning. Mexico has a Free Trade Agreement with the European Union and is a strategic partner with the EU.
More than 35 subsidiaries of Finnish companies and over 70 companies have a representative in Mexico. Interest towards the Mexican market has increased steadily. Program of the visit is focused on:
- waste to energy
- environmental technologies and
due to the large investment projects in these sectors and their potential to Finnish companies.
Interested? Register by 30 June and read more about the detailed practical information, costs involved and the program here.
Smart and functional packaging solutions from Finland are present in Luxepack Monaco fair.